We chose Aisha RA because she was the daughter of the second leader of the Muslim community, Abu Bakr. As one of Muhammad’s wives, she is regarded as a ‘mother of the believers’. Aisha RA is known for narrating 2210 hadiths, not just on matters related to Prophet Muhammad’s private life, but also on topics such as inheritance, pilgrimage, and eschatology. Her intellect and knowledge in various subjects, including poetry and medicine. Aisha RA continues to inspire people to this day who revere her for taking great care of the Prophet of Islam and for showing the world, through her behavior – way of thinking and doing, what a pious, modest and courageous woman can accomplish. The example she left for mankind remains timeless.
And all these happened way before Disney even existed/created. But the exposure (stories of remarkable women in Islam) is so little compared to any other absurd stories that have been brainwashing those little minds.
Hence, this collection. It’s to inspire women out there to dream the right dream, to fix and rectify the dreams (to lead a better life), to glorify and idolise the right idol in life and to be a better person each day. Not idealising Disney, or any other cartoon character to be proud of, but the remarkable women in Islam instead. It will surely not be easy, and making any change can be terrifying, but just know that OMERA will be there with you – every step of the way – to inspire you so you can find the courage to dream the right dream, all over again.
This scarf features objects and their symbolic meanings, such as:
- Bouvardia flower symbolises enthusiasm, modesty and versatility.
- Refers to Aisha RA; she was taught about Islam from a young age by her beloved father Abu Bakr RA who was undoubtedly a close companion of Muhammad SAW. This had a major impact on her in her later years. Being able to immerse herself in the teachings of Islam with great enthusiasm and becoming of the foremost students of her husband, Muhammad SAW. Also versatility in doing things as well as modesty and moderation in material pursuits – one of the most extraordinary women that set an example of great character, faith, love, modesty and fortitude for all of mankind.
White Bouvardia Flower Meaning:
- White represents purity and truth. When used in floral displays, white can represent elegance and modesty.
Yellow Bouvardia Flower Meaning:
- Yellow is the color of the sun and brings with it lightheartedness, happiness, and joy. It can be used as a symbol of friendship, new beginnings, and well wishes.
Pink Bouvardia Flower Meaning:
- Pink represents young love, youth, and innocence.
- Symbolises loyalty, strength and courage
- Refers to Aisha RA characteristics
- Refers to Qur’an and Sunnah/Hadith; Aisha RA was a respected figure and prolific scholar who narrated more than 2000 Hadiths.
- Aisha RA spent the rest of her days there in disbursing alms, transmitting Hadith (the sayings of the Prophet), and interpreting the Qur’an into books.
- Aisha RA was directly involved in war and battles, delivered public speeches, and educated both men and women with the sunnah of the Prophet SAW and the teachings of the Qur’an.
- Symbolises brave and ability to overcome hardship
- Refers to Aisha RA that went thru numbers of challenges as a Muslim woman but still get better in the end if you have Allah: “The mother of the faithful believers.” (Sahih Bukhari 26:595)
- One of the most incredible women in Islam, and one of the most powerful stories in the entirety of the Qur’an stems from Aisha RA. The stories of her life come with the hardships of being young, living in poverty, and dealing with vicious rumors among so much more. Aisha RA showed the world how women could be more powerful than men, politicians, and warriors. She showed us that education and knowledge is the foundation of success.
- Aisha RA was a brave, courageous and intelligent woman who was involved in politics and took part in numerous battles. She not only took part in the battles, but she was brave enough to stand at the front line on the battlefield alongside the Prophet Muhammad SAW.
- Symbolises dedication, prosperity and bliss
- Abu Hurairah RA from the Prophet Muhammad SAW said:
- “All insects in the fire of God’s hell as a punishment for the inhabitants of hell except bees.” (Quoted by At-Tarmizi and Al-Hamim from the Book of Nawadir Usul)
- Narrated by Bukhari, he said that the Prophet SAW was very fond of sweet foods and honey. Rasulullah SAW has said;
- “Whoever swallows (drinks a little) of honey three times (in the morning) every month, he will not be afflicted with a serious illness.” (Bukhari and Muslim)
- Symbolises emotion, affection and love
- Refers to Muhammad SAW and Aisha RA loving and egalitarian relationship
- Love to Islam; Muhammad SAW, Qur’an, etc.
- Loving the Messenger SAW is a sign of having faith. To love the Prophet SAW is to love Allah. Appreciating his example and his vital contribution to our Deen is an essential part of being Muslim.
There was actually a story behind it – a great unfortunate incident that happened during the time of our Prophet SAW, which was the incident of al-Ifki (slander towards Aisha RA) – refer here for more info: https://muftiwp.gov.my/en/artikel/bayan-linnas/3482-bayan-linnas-series-181-the-incident-of-al-ifki-towards-aisha
Never belittle or underestimate the fitnah that is happening. This is a very important thing to consider. Every Muslim should never involve himself with any conspiracy to harm the reputation or degrade someone else with baseless accusations. This is in accordance with Allah SWT’s statement:
إِذْ تَلَقَّوْنَهُۥ بِأَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَتَقُولُونَ بِأَفْوَاهِكُم مَّا لَيْسَ لَكُم بِهِۦ عِلْمٌ وَتَحْسَبُونَهُۥ هَيِّنًا وَهُوَ عِندَ ٱللَّـهِ عَظِي
“When you received it with your tongues and said with your mouths that of which you had no knowledge and thought it was insignificant while it was, in the sight of Allah, tremendous.” (Surah al-Nur: 15)
- “Idolising the right person will change the course of your life for the better.”
- Encourage people to recheck and fix their dream and idolise the right person to lead a good and better life in the path of Allah.
This beautiful arrangement creates an elegant yet timeless design that transcends time. It is a simple and effortless way to build style and sophistication into your wardrobe. The scarf can be worn in a variety of ways. Lightweight and carefree, this scarf will be wrapped and delivered in a special reusable matching prints handmade cloth pouch.